4 mai 2011

In Bed With : Lander Khadel

 Pour notre deuxième interview en dehors de l'Hexagone, nous avons traversé la Manche pour plonger au coeur du hiphop underground british. Rencontre avec Lander Khadel, "not an artist , an heartist". En VO s'il vous plait.




So Lander Khadel, is it your real name? Introduce you please.
Lander Khadel isn’t my real name. Khadel is in reference to one of my long lost cousins who I found a few years back. He’s like a younger version of me; his name is spelt a little differently. Lander comes from lunar Landers and the idea of leaving orbit. Put it together and you have ‘the future is here’, Lander Khadel.
When did your start to make music?
I started to write music around the age of 13, everything was about ‘grime’ back then. You can think of it as fast-paced rap on more electronic sounding beats. It was a sound influenced by garage and jungle, which was prevalent in London at the time. I hit radio stations with my crew ‘shooting stars’ from ages 14-16. It was just a bit of fun to me, I left it all behind. Then around 11 months ago I started to rap and produce. 

In France, Hip-hop is not considered as a real culture. What about Hip-hop in England?
Hip-hop is most definitely a culture and I’m very proud to be a part of it. We have shared attitudes, beliefs and knowledge just like any other culture however I feel the France won’t accept it because they’re very nationalistic. This may not necessarily be a bad thing.

What are your influences?
I’m influenced by everything. Even when I don’t want to be, it’s more than likely that something I come into contact with will work its way into my music. Life is a journey, music is magic, who doesn’t like good magic? I create and song-write in response the emotion a piece of music provides me with. Some of my favourite artists are N.E.R.D., Lupe Fiasco, Amel Larrieux, Outkast, Zion I, Pharell Williams, Two Door Cinema Club & Bob Marley.
 
According to you Hip-hop was better before or is it better now?
I feel hip-hop has been commercialized, good hip hop music is still being made but it will never be pushed to a major level. The golden era is over however there are some great new artists on the rise.

What are your projects?
I released a new mix tape, ‘world peace & fast cars 2’, it has done over 7000 downloads in just over a month. It can be downloaded from www.tinyurl.com/wpfc2 and I’m currently in the process of shooting music videos for ALL of the tracks from it. ‘Don’t Cry’ is out now on my youtube channel which can be accessed through my website www.landerkhadel.com. One of Hype William’s creative directors Reece Ewing shot my latest video ‘Can You Glide’, it’ll be out soon. I’m doing photo shoots for my sponsors Ichiban Clothing & Redcups.com and I’m working on singles. I’ve got a big track with London based producer and singer Nathan Duvall. I’ve got 2 with dance producer and DJ, Corey Gibbons. Hopefully i’ll have a few records with some French producers, there’s a lot to come - only time will tell!
Follow me @lander_khadel
Much kudo$$$

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire